Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Purpose of This Blog

So I have been sick and I just barely finished a week full of 3 tests and Melissa has been writing a long paper. Thus, I have not been able to post anything on my blog for a while. So here’s the deal. Many of you know that I have wanted to be a writer. I have been writing “books” since I was 8 years old. It all started out when I got a mead pocket notebook. I promised my mom that I would fill up that notebook with a sequel to Jurassic Park. Back then, it was a lofty goal. I wrapped my head around an idea that my brother Casey and I started at our cabin. It was going to be called, “The Hinterlands”. However, I couldn’t really make the plot work. So now, I am working on another book at the moment that seems to be coming together pretty well. Since we have moved into our new apartment, I now have TV and Internet. Now I actually know what is going on in the world and I have an opinion about it. I started seeing how passionately I felt about the recession, universal healthcare, Obama winning the Nobel Prize, etc. So I started this blog. It’s a good way for me to practice writing, and hopefully entertain or provoke thought in some of my friends and family.

MarvelFizz is a super hero name that my brother Chad gave me back when he was in college. He was WonderThump and I am MarvelFizz. Now you know where the name of this blog comes from. Anywho, feel free to oppose my position, comment, request a topic, or simply ignore this blog. I will try to stay away from the political arena as much as possible, unless I can make it somewhat humorous. I may talk about religion, make outlandish comparisons to frosted flakes… or women, or simply relay some interesting facts that I have learned. Oh, and one of my rules for the blog, is that I write without stopping. Think of these entries as one continuous key-stroke. With that in mind, my blog might not make sense, my thoughts might not be organized, and my randomness might be kicked up a notch. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment