Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Study

For my Capstone Project, I am doing research with the former Dean of the Marriott School of Business. It is a great opportunity. We are hoping to actually publish our study once it is all said and done. In order to create our study, I needed to research what other articles are out there about our topic. By the way, our topic is on scams and scammers. So I started doing some searches of the school libraries database. I found a few good articles and a few strange ones. One of the strange ones was titled "Financial loss in pyramid savings schemes, downward social mobility, and acute coronary syndrome in transitional Albania." Wow! That study seems a little to specific and a little too random for my liking. But it did inspire me to change our study. Now, we are studying "Psychological profiles of scam victims, social immobility caused by virtual worlds where a person can heal dragon wounds, the innovation of water noodles, and the technological advances in triple bypass surgery for bark and ambrosia beetles of America Samoa."

1 comment:

  1. Too specific. There is a lot of examples in other Polynesian cultures as well. Consider adding Tahiti.

    ReplyDelete